Family of 4 moving to Baulkham Hills/Castle Hill areas

Monkeynutzz

Hello

New to this site, so just saying Hi to everyone.

Anyone in the Castle Hill/Baulkham Hill areas?? We leave Nottingham UK in 2 weeks and are staying in serviced apartments for 10 weeks till our stuff arrives from UK.

We are looking for primary public schools in these areas for our twin boys aged 8 - any advice on this would be greatly appreciated!!

Be great to hear from anyone around the hills district..

weve never been to Oz before so very excited.....

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're moving next week - leaving on Sunday argh!!!!!!

We've chose to send our son to the catholic school in Rouse Hill for a couple of reasons - he goes to a faith school here, it's incredibly cheap for a private school (and I also think its a bit of a tax deduction), there are dramatically more children with English as a first language than the other schools I looked at and I could arrange it in principle from here and do not need a permanent address as soon as we arrive to be able to enrol him, as we like you are staying in temp accommodation for a couple of months when we arrive and I wasn't happy to have him out of school for the first few months.

wishing you a good last couple of weeks - we are really struggling with the last week, but maybe that's normal??

You are spoiled for choice as far as schools go in the Hills. Arguably, the best primary school is Matthew Pearce but you would have to live in the catchment area to get your boys in. Can't remember the boundaries, but you can easily find out, but part of Baulkham Hills/ Bella Vista are included. However, as I have already said, the schools are all good and it's simply finding the one you like best.

Just discovered if you go to the school's web page there is a map of the catchment there.

You are spoiled for choice as far as schools go in the Hills. Arguably, the best primary school is Matthew Pearce but you would have to live in the catchment area to get your boys in. Can't remember the boundaries, but you can easily find out, but part of Baulkham Hills/ Bella Vista are included. However, as I have already said, the schools are all good and it's simply finding the one you like best.

Just discovered if you go to the school's web page there is a map of the catchment there.

Thank you - that's really helpful

Hi we moved to the hills district in oct (rouse hill) and love it I agree with ellie you are spoilt for choice. Once you are out of the serviced apartments will you stay in that area or will you look at other areas of the hills if so you may be best keeping the kids off school untill you have secured a rental property in the area you decide to settle in.

We have just moved to Glenwood which is technically still in the Hills area and have been here for only 3 months. I have to admit I love it - I commute to the CBD everyday and that is not too bad. My son goes to Glenwood High not a private school but a state on and I cannot rate it highly enough. I was advised by someone that the hills is on of the nicer area's and the schools have a fab reputation - would recommend it! Good luck with the move I am sure you will love it here

Guest Bigdave68

Rouse hill has an awesome shopping centre, we always go there when we are visiting rellie down in NSW.

Baulkham hills is very posh, lovely place to live. I'm sure you will love either area :-)

Hi mevans12

The apartments we narrowed it down to in Castle Hill were The Westcorp apartments and The waterfront castle hill apartments. Both look fine - we need to decide between the two. We can't decide until we get there where abouts to live longer term- depends on schools etc. are you looking to stay longer term in Castle Hill?

Hello

New to this site, so just saying Hi to everyone.

Anyone in the Castle Hill/Baulkham Hill areas?? We leave Nottingham UK in 2 weeks and are staying in serviced apartments for 10 weeks till our stuff arrives from UK.

We are looking for primary public schools in these areas for our twin boys aged 8 - any advice on this would be greatly appreciated!!

Be great to hear from anyone around the hills district..

weve never been to Oz before so very excited.....

Good luck with the move. Lots of good posts on here about the hills area. There is a post that I started that quite a bit of info about schools etc has been posted on - it's called parramatta advice. You might find that useful.

There are loads of families moving out over next few weeks & months to hills and western suburbs. Hopefully there will be some get togethers when we all eventually land!

We move in early April and are very excited as well.

Thanks

Mark

Guest oldmarried

Add us to the list, we are heading to the Hills District mid to end of March. We are going to wait and see on schools when we get there as our son is only year 1 anyway. I will be working in Seven Hills so we have been looking at Baulkham Hills, Kellyville and all the areas above mentioned.

Guest oldmarried
Add me to the list too, I know I already live here but I'm still a newbie and would love to meet up

and talk football? My husband is a fellow maccam

Guest Marksthelens

Hi all, We fly out next Sunday !!!

We will be living in St Leonards for the first month, but my daughter will be schooling at St Bernadettes in Castlehill, so we will have to commute to and from school for this time.

I'm pretty excited now, tho when we have our leaving party on Friday I'm sure there will be tears!

Good luck and best wishes to you all

Mark

Guest mcauleyl30
Looks like we could have lots of good banter...........now let me think wat happened in 1973 :tongue: but seriously pm when you arrive and we will have a get together

Hey Guys

Me, Hubby and two girls under 3 arrived on the 1st July staying in Parramatta for a month (which i personally didn't like), we got a rental property in rouse hill a month later, an I have to say it really is a lovely area. I have asked about schools etc,, and haven't heard a bad word about any, my 2 are to young at the moment anyway, but I will be putting the eldest into pre-school 2 days a week, which costs between $85 - $55 a day! Sydney is very expensive, so just a small bit of advice, budget carefully, other than that fab city, great for kids, and lovely weather, safe journeys and welcome to OZ :)!!!

We will be living in St Leonards for the first month, but my daughter will be schooling at St Bernadettes in Castlehill, so we will have to commute to and from school for this time.

I'm pretty excited now, tho when we have our leaving party on Friday I'm sure there will be tears!

Mark

Enjoy your leaving party and have a safe trip across your about to embark on one hell of an adventure

Mark

Add us to the meet up!

We are heading to Sydney in April (me , husband and 3 kids) still undecided on the hills or the shire. We will be serviced apartments in the hills to start with though.

We are also undecided on a leaving party .... As you can tell we are pretty undecided on things . Apart from of course the moving to Sydney bit .

Good luck to everyone and hopefully see you all when we have all landed and settled

How exiting :wink:

Mandy

Guest SunderlandtoSydney
and talk football? My husband is a fellow maccam

Nearly 8 years of marriage and I still need to train her!

Hi everyone

we have been here for 2 weeks now,made a big mistake on the area we now think,but then on the bright side its only for 6 months then we can move.

we are at Bligh park about 15 mins from Rouse hill,but that 15 mins makes a difference!! my husband is working at the RAAf base in Richmond and when we arrived we just looked around that area and took the best we could find! then we discovered the hills district just a bit to late!

We are going to send our eldest who starts year 7 to a private school,and the primary school we have chosen seems to be nice fingers crossed.

julie

Sorry you feel that you have made a mistake on the area but you might feel differently once the kids start school and you get to know some of the parents in the area, if not though at least you know you can move in six month. If you ever fancy a coffee and a natter just give me a shout as we are not to far away from each other :biggrin:

Hi everyone

we have been here for 2 weeks now,made a big mistake on the area we now think,but then on the bright side its only for 6 months then we can move.

we are at Bligh park about 15 mins from Rouse hill,but that 15 mins makes a difference!! my husband is working at the RAAf base in Richmond and when we arrived we just looked around that area and took the best we could find! then we discovered the hills district just a bit to late!

We are going to send our eldest who starts year 7 to a private school,and the primary school we have chosen seems to be nice fingers crossed.

julie

Hi everyone

julie

Hi Julie

Not everything will always drop into place first time. Enjoy the first few months and like I've said to my wife it doesn't matter where in the world we are as long as we're all together! You and the kids will love exploring the area and finding your next suburb. We arrive in April and know we won't end up where we'll live long term. It's all a big adventure.

Judging by the great posts on this thread, there are loads of friendly people in the area. I'm sure you'll soon settle in, it's only early days.

Mark

Archived